Friday, November 30, 2007

Celtic Overlooking Grosse Ile

This cross stands on the top of the hill called Cape Dauphin, on Grosse Isle North. It has many ropes attaching it to the hill because the winds must be fierce this time of the year high up above Grosse Isle. I put it in PhotoShop and removed the ropes because I really like the picture. The background is Grosse Isle Point Bridge, the cove and the salt mine in the distance. I'll put more information in here like the history of the cross and why it was built as a Celtic cross at a later date. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the picture as much as I do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obrigada pela sua visita no meu blog, volte sempre que puder.
Fica com Deus e um bom fim de semana pra vocĂȘ !!!

Thank you for your visit to my blog, go back whenever I can.
Stay with God and a good the weekend before you!

Brian said...

Thanks for visiting and your comments It's very nice photo..how you take it

Nor said...

ahhh. i wish i could visit places like that. :(

balakter said...

nice site