Monday, April 20, 2009

Pilot Project Winter Ferry Service Declared A Success


The pilot project for the first winter ferry services between Souris Prince Edward Island and Grindstone, Magdalen Islands has been a great success this past winter.  The amount of usage for the service was largely surpassed.

According to CTMA employees, many Islanders are hoping that the service will be offered once again next winter. Robert Sumarah couldn’t confirm if the service will be offered again.
Nearly 3000 passengers had used the new service in February and in March.  That is almost one and a half times more passengers than was expected by the Groupe CTMA.  The number of vehicles on the ferry was greater than 75% more then expected.

The director general of the Groupe CTMA, GĂ©rald LeBlanc, estimated that the winter service must be maintained. He said that in his mind, they would not have any difficulties finding 5000 to 6000 passengers for this crossing.

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Moonlight said...

I am interested in information on living in the Magdalen Islands. The course I am taking requires that I write a paper about the french culture. I have chosen the Magdalen Islands to focus on this. I would love to hear from people who would like to share information with me. Thanks, M

P.S. Je m'appelle Marguerite.

Magdalen Islands said...

The Islands is divided up into two very separate cultures, living in harmony on a relatively small area of land. I am from the English culture but I do write about the French activities. I write in English because there is very little info in the language.
http://iles-de-la-madeleine.today.com
is more about the cultures of the islands. If you want more info, email me at
magdalenislands@gmail.com